"Sharing a smile"- straight from the heart by Manvi Jalan
Take the Lead-Israel Youth Conference 2011: Meet the India delegation and hear the experiences
Need to obtain Operators License before 31st Dec 2011
|License and Operation of The Award Programme|
For more information about YES Centres and how the Award partner institutions operate the Award Programme, please visit http://www.iayp.in/yes.htm
Award Partner-FootballFirst India's First International Football Festival a huge success!
Get the Job you will love!
- Work closely with the National Director, to set and meet the country’s annual objectives with particular regard to the Developing Partnerships, QA and Extending the Award pathways.
- Design, develop and implement the fundraising plan, particularly to support the Development Plan 2010-13; developing and facilitating of best practice in the India and in helping key and established Partners with resources to fulfill their plans.
- Actively contribute to Award Management and development activity within the country.
- Maintain and develop effective and productive relationships with key delivery partnership organisations,
- Proactively provide operational advice and pastoral care support to YES Centres, IOs and emerging National alliance partners in the social and corporate sector as required.
- Coordinate income generation activities and maintain a high level of donor care and service to achieve agreed income targets.
- Produce and coordinate fundraising events.
- Coordinate fundraising research and information management systems.
- Assist with the development of Fundraising strategy, policy and budget.
- Support and maintain volunteers (as appropriate).
RESPONSIBLE TO: Communications Manager RESPONSIBLE FOR: Volunteers assisting on above key objectives.
Working within the parameters of IAYP strategy, and with support and guidance from the Partnerships and the support of volunteers.
- Working in partnership with the Corporate & Award operator initiatives, a minimum increase of 50% in Fundraising income in the first year, with a focus on developing events related income from existing events.
- Working in partnership with the Corporate & Business Partners, to minimum increase in Fundraising income of 100% over the next three years
- Development of an active alumni network with an annual programme of talks and events being undertaken by volunteers by end of first year and a clear progress map for future years
- Implementation of systems that lead to a solid body of research and analysis of internal & external Fundraising trends and performance to inform future strategy and policy development by end of first year, and future development aims mapped and recorded
- A high standard of donor care and service to be evident at all times with a focus on relationship building with key donors.
Empathy with The Award Progamme’s aims and objectives E
Training Panel Resources
To support the work of the faculties for the SPW, NTW1 and NTW2, and help create quality resources for the National Training Panel, we are hosting the resources for use on DofE.in
Please follow the link, and we will be happy to assist as always.
Visit to New Life Children's home by Award participants of Good Shepherd International School
The Award participants of Good Shepherd International School visited New Life Children's home as a part of their service component. One of the student recalls her experience:
The evening of 10th September will be etched in our memory as a day when we went out on a charity trip to New Life Children’s Home, Mitchell House, in Fernhill, an orphanage and discovered a reality –a harsh reality faced by these unfortunate children who have lost their parents.
When we started our journey, we did not know that we would come back with a heavy heart. Yes, we reached a small house with three bedrooms shared by the children. There was a small assembly hall where they prayed and a small kitchen. To welcome us were small children of six or seven years whose innocent faces lighted up when they saw us. They were most adorable and we enjoyed interacting with them. We taught them words expressing greetings and the usage of the word ‘thank you’. We also played many games with them and took pictures. There was nothing so beautiful as their innocent smiles, which concealed the agony of their cruel destiny. We wondered how these little children could face the ordeals of life, all alone! Though little angels, they taught us never to lose hope and to be happy in every situation. Our hearts were touched by their sincere prayer for us. What we had taken for them were materialistic and transient things, but what they gave us are the lessons they have learnt in adversity- to face reality with fortitude, faith and love for the Almighty, optimism and smiles.
We are thankful to our school for providing us with such lessons in reality which opens our minds to greater horizons. We had a wish – a wish to bring joy in the life of these little children by giving them love –the love which they gave us. We hope to visit them again. Their prayers will always rejuvenate us whenever we lose hope. May The Almighty God give them the strength to face life with courage and confidence.
India Special Project Manav Vikas School Award Leader shares how 'The Award taught us a way of life'
When I was in my teens a line from Mr. Bankim Chandra Chatterjee (The writer of Bande Mataram) struck a chord within me. The line was, “What should be done with this life?”. I contemplated on this line for quite some time but could not find a proper answer untill I was introduced to the International Award for Young People.
Joy Of Learning Diaries
- ► 2022 (124)
- ► 2021 (277)
- ► 2020 (755)
- ► 2019 (245)
- ► 2018 (241)
- ► 2017 (97)
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2014 (24)
- ► 2013 (72)
- ► 2012 (114)
- "Sharing a smile"- straight from the heart by Manv...
- Take the Lead-Israel Youth Conference 2011: Meet t...
- Need to obtain Operators License before 31st Dec 2011
- Award Partner-FootballFirst India's First Internat...
- Get the Job you will love!
- Training Panel Resources
- Visit to New Life Children's home by Award partici...
- India Special Project Manav Vikas School Award Lea...
- The Award Ceremony at the BHC Residence 18.10.2011
- Role of Volunteers
- Guest Speaker address at Annual Friends' Reception...
- The International Gold Event (IGE) 2011 in Kenya f...
- ▼ November (12)
- ► 2010 (69)