YOUth can make all the difference in the world - Academy - DNA
India has one of the largest proportion of population in the younger age groups in the world. So, it wasn’t a surprise that on International Youth Day a good number of young people turned up to celebrate the day, sending an appeal to the youth of the country to change the mindset of its people and empower themselves for a better tomorrow.
“Youth are the future. Fifty per cent of India’s population is youth as compared to 48 per cent in Japan,” said Kumar Iyer, British Deputy High Commissioner.
Rajiv Chandran, national information officer, United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan addressed the youthful gathering, asking them to start unlearning discrimination, reduce stigma and abolish all kinds of discriminatory practices.
Focusing on the issue of youth migration, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s message was read out on Monday evening in which he mentioned that “of the annual total of some 214 million international migrants, young people constitute more than 10 per cent, yet too little is known about their struggles and experiences.”
What are you looking for?
- ► 2023 (106)
- ► 2022 (124)
- ► 2021 (277)
- ► 2020 (755)
- ► 2019 (245)
- ► 2018 (241)
- ► 2017 (97)
- ► 2016 (69)
- ► 2014 (24)
- India’s New Companies Bill Mandates Social Welfare...
- Catalogue and Order Form for The Duke of Edinburgh...
- Rupee slide hits foreign study plans
- Students to create Mumbai's noise map
- Tough times for Indian students going abroad
- 'Google Impact Challenge' launches in India
- Get skilled and earn reward of Rs 10,000 from the ...
- Proud to be a Tata Scholar
- STAR (Standard Training Assessment and Reward)
- National Skill Certification & Monetary Reward Scheme
- India brings down the max limit on forex purchase ...
- Edinburgh Festival - Edinburgh Festival Guide
- The Fabindia School
- YOUth can make all the difference in the world
- 42.6% of young, urban Indians believe corruption i...
- Young and fit? Just 22.5% youth exercise daily - H...
- ▼ August (16)
- ► 2012 (114)
- ► 2011 (175)
- ► 2010 (69)